Makuhari International School PTA

Greetings!

PTA Vision: To be the most supportive parent teacher association in Japan

PTA Mission: Encouraging stronger relationships and lifelong giving

PTA Bylaws: English | Japanese


20th September Tuesday 2022 PTA Meeting

Date: 20th September,Tuesday

Time: 12:15~13:15

Venue: Zoom Online

Attendees: Mr.Kimura(PTA President), Mr.Carnahan(PTA Vice President), PTA Officers


Agenda

1. Collection of annual membership fee

2. About Terry Fox Foundation Operations

3.Report from the Committees

  ・Events Committee

  ・PR Committee

  ・Rule-Making Committee

  ・Donations Committee

  ・Accounting Committee

  ・IT Committee

4. Others


1. Collection of annual membership fee

As has been the custom in the past, the school office will collect the dues together with the school fees for the second semester.

The PTA will make a formal written request to the school office.

From the PTA bylaws

Article 8

Members shall pay an annual membership fee of 5,000 yen per pupil.

Article 9

The membership fee shall be collected through the school by direct deduction from each member’s financial institution account which is applied for the payment of the tuition.

Article 10

Membership fees are collected on an annual basis. They are non-refundable for any reason once enrolled for the year, and no monthly based installment is applicable even when you are enrolled to MIS.


2. About Terry Fox Foundation Operations

・Date and time of the event

・What the PTA should do

 ・Setup

 ・Lap tally

 ・Management of certificates

 ・Removal of the event Form


3.Report from the Committees

 ・Events Committee

  Crosswalk Monitoring

  Date 10/3-7 Form.

 ・PR Committee

 ・Rule-Making Committee

  Date and time of the general meeting:

  March 7 12:15 (decided).

  The important resolutions are the election of the chairman, vice-chairman, and auditors.

  By December, the next three officers must be informally elected.

 ・Donations Committee

  No report from the committee, but content discussed at the meeting.

  (Mr. Citrano)

  Library books are deteriorating. Can this be enhanced as a PTA donation?

  (Ms. Tara McIlroy)

  How about having each student recommend a book? This would require a budget of 400,000 to 800,000 yen.

  (Mr Kimura)

  The Donation Committee will consider whether we should donate books and report back at the next meeting. The Treasurer's Committee will consider whether it is possible to do so with this term's budget.

 ・Accounting Committee

 ・IT Committee


4. Others


1.PTA会費の徴収について

・ 従来の慣習通り、学校事務局に2学期の学費と一緒に徴収して頂く。

・ PTAから事務局に正式に書面にて申し入れる。


PTA規約より

第8条  会員は、生徒ひとりあたり年会費5,000円を納めるものとする。

第9条  会費は、金融機関口座より自動引き落としで学校を通じて徴収する。

第10条 会費はいかなる理由においても返金はしない。退校する際も時期を問わず返金はされない。


2.Terry Fox Foundationの運営について

・ 開催日時

・ PTAが行うべきこと

  ・設営

  ・ラップ集計

  ・賞状の管理

  ・撤収


3. 各委員会からの報告


イベント委員会からの報告

  ・Crosswalk Monitoring

   実施日 10/3-7 Form

PR委員会からの報告

Rule-Making委員会からの報告

  ・総会日時 3月7日12:15~(決定)

・重要な決議事項は会長、副会長、監査役の選任。

   12月までに、次の三役を内定しなければならない。

Donations委員会からの報告

  ・委員会からの報告は無いが、会議での討議内容。

 (Mr. Citrano)

  図書館の本が劣化している。これをPTAの寄付として充実することは可能か?

  (Ms Tara McIlroy)

  生徒一人一冊の本を推薦させては如何か?その場合、40万円から80万円の予算が必要。

  (Mr Kimura)

  本の寄贈を行うべきか、ドネーション委員会で検討してもらい、次回の会議で報告してもらう。会計委員会では今期予算で可能かの検討をしてもらう。

Accounting委員会からの報告

IT委員会からの報告


4. その他


以上

21th June Tuesday 2022 PTA Meeting

21th June Tuesday 2022 PTA Meeting


Date: 21th June,Tuesday

Time: 12:15~13:15

Venue: Zoom Online

Attendees: Mr.Kimura(New PTA President),Mr.Carnahan(PTA Vice President1)M,rs.Yokoyama(PTA Vice President2),PTA Officers

Agenda

1.Approval of new board members

2.Report of Activities

3.Discuss pros and cons of centralizing public relations activities

4.Discuss our upcoming CIS Re-Accreditation Visit and three important ways that you will be involved as parents.

5.Discuss current IT tools usage (email addresses, google drive, etc.) in each Committee.

1.All the nominees were approved unanimously.

 Mr.Kimura will get touch who couldn't join today's meeting and make sure which committee they would like to join.


2.Report from Mrs.McIlroy the Event Committee Leader

We confirmed about coming events.

Mrs.McIlroy shared the result of a survey for Game Day and reported about crosswalk monitoring.


3. We've discussed how we issue for each event.

The result: According to the PTA bylaws, each event's issue should be made by each committee which takes part in the event.


4.How to involve as Parents for CIS(Council of International School) visiting.

・Answering to the survey.(MIS had sent it to all parents in April)

・Answering to 3 questions from CIS by 300 words for answering them.

These questionnaire are to Parents,Head of School,Teachers,Students and Board members.

・Meeting with CIS members.(appox.40mins)


5.We’ve discussed how to utilize and the issue of using the IT tool “Google Drive” and E-mail which PTA has been using currently.



2022年6月21日 PTA役員会議


日時:2022年6月21日 12:15〜13:15

場所:ZOOM Online


議題:①新役員の承認

   ②活動報告

   ③広報活動の一元化の是非を討議

   ④CIS訪問に関する討議

   ⑤各委員会のIT使用状況の討議


①新たな4名の立候補者は、満場一致で当選しました。

 本日参加出来なかった候補者の方々には会長よりどの委員会が希望か等の連絡が入ります。


②これからの主なPTAの活動について確認しました。

 6月25日(日)ピクニックアンドゲーム

 6月20日~25日 クロスウォークモニター

 2学期(予定)テリーフォックスラン


③各委員会の発行物について責任の所在を議論しました。結果、PTA規約通り、各員会ごとに発行物について責任を持つことになりました。


④CIS(Council of International School) の学校視察について保護者としてCISの監査にどう関わることができるか、Mr.Citranoより説明していただきました。

 ・アンケートへの回答(4月に行われました)。

 ・CIS からの3つの質問に回答する。1つの質問につき300字以内での回答になります。(保護者・校長・教員・生徒・理事会に対し行われます)

 ・CIS の方々との面接(40分程度)

 

⑤現在PTAが使用しているITツール「Google Drive」やメールについて、今後の活用の仕方や問題点を共有しました。


以上

PTA General Meeting

PTA General Meeting


Date 31st May 2022 12:15-13:15pm

Venue Zoom Online

Attendees Mr.Citrano, The Head of School

Mr.Kimira, The PTA President

Mr.Carnahan, The Vice President

Mrs.Yokoyama ,The Vice President 2

PTA Officers 2022, MIS Family Members


1. Introducing New Three Positions.(President, Vice President, Auditor)


2.Accounting Budget for FY2022 Approval

We had a report from the event committee's leader; Mrs. McIlroy, which was about the budget

for upcoming Family Game Days. We have decided to create an item "Misc. Expense" in the

PTA budget from next year and it's approved.


3. Presentation of the Plan for FY 2022-23 (Each Committees)

・Accounting : presented by Mr. Carnahan

・Rule Making : presented by Mr. Kimura

・PR : presented by Ms. Ogino

・Donation : presented by Mr. Clemon

・Event : presented by Mrs. McIlroy (She explained about the event which is held on 25th Jun.)

・IT : presented by Mr. Abbott


4.Q&A

We had exchanged and shared ideas for the following questions.

・How to decide on a donation.

 ・How to increase the number of attendees of the General Meeting.

・How to be involved with school as a family.



1. 2022-23年度 新PTA会長、副会長、監査役の紹介


2. 決議報告 2022年度会計予算の承認

  6月に開催予定のFamily Game Dayの予算についてイベントリーダーのMrs.McIlroyから

  報告がありました。そして来年度から予算に「雑費」の項目を作る事が決められました。


3. 各委員会から2022年度の活動計画報告

  会計委員会 Mr.Carnahanより発表

  規約委員会 Mr.Kimuraより発表

  PR委員会 Ms.Oginoより発表

  寄付委員会 Mr.Clemonより発表

  イベント委員会 Mrs.McIlroyより発表

    6月25日のイベントについての説明がありました。

  IT委員会  Mr.Abbottより発表


4. Q&A 以下の質問に対して意見交換が行われました。

 ・寄付について、どのように何をいつするのかなど。

 ・PTA総会への参加者を増やすことについて。

 ・学校にどのように家族として関わっていくのが良いか。

19th April Tuesday 2022 PTA Meeting

Date: 19th April,Tuesday

Time: 12:15~13:15

Venue: Zoom Online

Attendees: Mr.Kimura(New PTA President),Mr.Carnahan(New PTA Vice President1)M,rs.Yokoyama(New PTA Vice President2),PTA Officers

Agenda

1.Approval of new board members

2.Approval of leaders and members of each committee

3.Holding of the May general meeting and communication of the agenda

4.Notice of May Evening Meeting

5.How PTA uses IT tools

1.All the nominees were approved unanimously.

2.We have selected new committee members.

3.The general meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 31 at 12:15 p.m. The item for resolution is the PTA budget for FY2022. Matters to be reported are reports on the members of each committee and their activity plans for the current term.

4.A hybrid meeting of MIS classroom and Zoom will be held on Tuesday, May 17 at 5:00 p.m. The main agenda for the meeting is to decide on the activity plans of each committee for the current term. Each committee should hold their own meeting before the next meeting to discuss their activity plans for the current term and present them at the meeting.

5.We’ve discussed how to utilize and the issue of using the IT tool “Google Drive” which PTA has been using currently.



2022年4月19日 PTA役員会議


日時:2022年4月19日 12:15〜13:15

場所:ZOOM Online


議題:①2022年度のPT新役員の承認

   ②2022年度の各委員会のリーダーとメンバーの承認

   ③5月総会の開催と議題の連絡

   ④5月イブニングミーティング開催の連絡

   ⑤PTAのITツールの使い方

   ⑥その他


①全ての立候補者は満場一致で当選しました。

②新たな委員会のメンバーを選定しました。

③5月31日(火)の12:15から今年度のPTA総会を開催します。決議事項は、2022年度のPTA予算について。報告事項は、各委員会のメンバー報告と今期の活動計画についてです。

④5月17日(火)17:00よりMIS教室とZoomのハイブリッドミーティングを開催します。会議の主な議題は、各委員会の今期の活動計画の決定。各委員会は、次回までにそれぞれで打ち合わせを開催し、今期の活動計画を検討し、会議で発表をお願いします。

⑤現在PTAが使用しているITツール「Google Drive」について、今後の活用の仕方や問題点を共有しました。


以上

15th March Tuesday 2022 PTA Meeting

Date: 15th March,Tuesdaye: 12:15~13:15

Venue: Zoom Online

Attendees: Mr.Kimura(New PTA President),Mr.Carnahan(New PTA Vice President1)M,rs.Yokoyama(New PTA Vice President2),PTA Officer

Agenda

1. Approval of the nominees for 6 Board of Directors

2.Discussion of PTA operating policies for FY2022

3.Discussion of new management initiatives

4.Approval of the creation of a new IT Committee

5.Election of leaders and members of the five committees

6.Discussion of the calendars of events for 2022

1. All the nominees were approved unanimously.

2. *Change of monthly meeting time.→13:15~14:15 or evening time

*We will make a survey for this topic and will see the result.

We will do a trial meeting on 17th May which will start in the evening.

*Recruiting officers through the year.

*Open PTA activities to more parents in MIS.

3.Take attendance,share the agenda before each meeting.


4.We postponed the discussion as Mr.Abbott was absent.

5.We will make a survey for this topic as we haven't known how many new members will be in each committee.

6.We will continue Road Safety Week.

Bazaar will not be held this year so we will discuss for creating a new event for it.


*MIS had graduation ceremony for elementary shcool and kindergarten on 18th March. PTA had sent a flower stand(please see an attached photo) to the ceremony. Congratulations and wishing you all the best in your future!!



2022年3月15日 PTA役員会議


日時:2022年3月15日 12:15〜13:15

場所:ZOOM Online


議題:①2022年度のPTA三役について

   ②2022年度のPTA役員会議について

   ③2022年度のPTA役員会議運営について

   ④2022年度、新しくIT委員会を設置する件について

   ⑤5委員会の委員長およびメンバーの選出について

   ⑥2022年度、PTAの活動日程について


①全ての立候補者は満場一致で当選しました。

②現在、原則月一回13:15から14:15ですが、夕方もしくは夜にしてみてはどうかという意見があります。試験的に、5月17日のPTA役員会議の開始を夕方にする方向で調整しています。

③各PTA役員会議の前に、議題を役員に共有してから会議を行います。

④IT委員会の委員長候補が欠席したため、議題は延期になりました。

⑤新規に役員となる方を含めて、今後、調整していきます。

⑥次年度、交通安全週間は継続しています。バザーは開催されないので、新しいイベントができないか調整していきます。

※PTAより、3月18日に行われた卒園式・卒業式でスタンド花を贈りました。(写真参照)ご卒園・ご卒業、おめでとうございます!!!

1st March 2022 EXTRA GENERAL MEETING

2022年3月1日、PTA臨時総会が開催されました。

日時:2022年3月1日(火) 1:15〜2:15PM

場所:ZOOM オンライン

出席者:シトラノ校長、A・ホール副校長、PTA田口会長、PTA役員、MIS生徒保護者

内容:2021年の活動内容振り返り、PTA規約の改定について

   2022年PTA役員について

*今回の臨時会議はPTA規約改定について、保護者の皆様からの承認を得るために開かれました。

 採決の結果、満場一致で賛同を得られましたので、PTA規約の一部改訂をさせていただきます。


*今年度のPTA活動報告

①バザー

 昨年度に続いて、今年度も新型コロナウイルス感染拡大防止のため、バザーは行われませんでした。

②Sand Pit Project

 学校とPTAが協力し、2年がかりでこのプロジェクトを達成しました。かかった費用は5,125,000円。学校からの寄付が1,000,000円、残りはPTA会費から支出しました。

③交通安全週間 

 今年度、2回行いました。今後も続けていく予定です。

④Terry Fox Run

 今年度、教職員や保護者含めて200人以上の参加がありました。集めた53万円は、速やかにTerry Fox財団に寄付されました。

⑤Teachers and Staff Aprriciation Day

 2月28日に行いました。生徒からのThank you cardsおよびPTAからチョコレートを贈りました。

*今年度のPTA財務報告

*PTA規約改定について

*2022年度のPTA役員について

以上


We held the PTA Extra General Meeting on 1st May 2021.

Date: Tuesday 18st March 2022 1:15-2:15PM

Venue: ZOOM Online

Attendees: Mr.Citrano(Head of School), Mr.A.Hall(Deputy Head of School)

      Mr.Taguchi(PTA President), PTA Officers, MIS Parents


Topics: ■ Greeting from the Head of School

    ■ Activity Report of FY2021

    ■ Financial Report of FY2021

    ■ Changing the Bylaws


■ Activity Report of FY2021

1.We could not hold the school Bazaar for 2 years.

2.The Sand Pit Project: The PTA and school worked together over the past 2 years and plan and ensure safety. The total cost of this project was 5,125,000yen and school contributed 1,000,000yen so the PTA contributed 4,125,000yen to this project. After the Sand Pit was installed, the PTA transferred ownership of it to the school, after which the school will maintain it.

3.PTA has been doing this service twice a year. The PTA would like many parents to join this in the future.

4.The Terry Fox Run: Attendees were over 200 including many teachers and parents. PTA and MIS sent all donations (530,000yen) to the Terry Fox Foundation which supports cancer research.

5.PTA had Teachers and Staff Appreciation Day

It was held on February 28th. We handed the thank you cards which students wrote and small chocolate to teachers and staff. They can look at the thank you cards freely anytime.


■ Financial Report of FY2021

Summary of FY2021

Balance from FY2020: 3,584.932yen

Total income FY2021 2,274,508yen

Total Expenditures FY2021 4,947,325yen

Remaining balance 912,115yen

Note:

1.With new bylaws, our fiscal year will end on Februrary 28.

2.2021 FY was 2021/4/1 – 2022/2/28


■Changing the Bylaws

★All of attendees approved the new bylaws. (100%)


■ Approval of Leading Officers for FY2022

PTA officers of 2021 approved new leaders for 2022 in advance and asked all PTA members to give them formal power through the approval process.

★All of attendances approved the new leaders for FY2022. (100%)


After this approval, 5 officers including the President and Vice President of FY2021 retired as PTA officer.

New president and retired 5 officers gave speeches.

18 JANUARY PTA MEETING

日時:2022年1月18日 1:30〜2:30PM

場所:ZOOM Online

内容:①PTA規約の改定について

   ②Teachers and Staff Appreciation Dayについて

   ③Crosswalk Monitor について

   ④その他

①次年度のPTAの三役(会長・副会長・各リーダー)の選出について、我々は12月までに選出し、4月のPTA総会にて承認される必要があると考えています。それに従って現行のPTA規約を変更する必要があり、規約委員会が変更のスケジュールを検討しています。

②2/28にTeachers and Staff Appreciation Dayを行います。今年は、先生やスタッフの方々(約110名)にひとり1,080円のチョコレートを配る予定です。また、生徒たちにサンキューレターを書いてもらい、それをファイルにして渡します。ファイルは、清掃員やバス運転手、バスのアシスタントにも渡す予定です。

③次年度、春の交通安全週間は、2022年4月6日から15日にかけて行われます。


Date:18th Jan. 2021

Time:1:30-2:30PM

Venue: Zoom Online

Topics:①PTA Bylaws

②Teachers and Staff Appreciation Da

③Road Safety Week

④Others

①We have been discussing about 3 major positions should be selected by officers on December first and we all need to get approval in the general meeting on next April.

The Rule Making Committee will inform the schedule about the bylaws.


②This event is going to be held on Monday, February 28th.

PTA is going to send a small chocolate to all staff. The cost is 1,080yen×around 110 people. Also, we are goingo to ask all students to make a thank you card and we will make a file and hand it to each teacher. We will make one file for cleaners, bus assistants and bus drivers and ask them to share it.

③Next National Road safety campaign will be held from April 6th to 15th of 2022.

16 NOVEMBER PTA MEETING

日時:2021年11月16日 1:30〜2:30PM

場所:ZOOM Online

内容:①sand pitの進行状況

   ②Terry Fox Run の振り返り

   ③Road safety week について

   ④PTA規約の改定について

   ⑤その他


①今年度進めてきたsand pitの工事は終了し、19日(金)にテープカットが行われました。

②11/6に行われたテリー・フォックス・ランについて、現在までに404,500円の寄付が集まっています。最終的にはもう少し寄付が増える予定です。来年度も皆様のご協力をお願いします。

③12/13から17日にかけて、Road safety weekを行います。それに伴い、Crosswalk Monitorsを募集します。Nanohana および Hai Hai Mailにて、当日協力してくれるボランティアを募集する予定です


④PTAの役員や会長・副会長・各リーダーの選出について、引き続き議論が行われています。規約変更に伴う臨時のPTA総会を、2月に開催する予定です。


⑤昨年度Covid-19の影響で行われなかったThe Teacher Appreciation Dayについて、今年度は2月28日に行う予定で進めています。


Date:16th Nov. 2021

Time:1:30-2:30PM

Venue: Zoom Online

Topics:①Progress of the Sand Pit Project

②Review of Terry Fox Run

③Road Safety Week

④Revising for PTA Bylaws

⑤Others


①The Sand Pit Project we have been working on this year, had been completed and finally had a ribbon cutting ceremony on 19th Nov.

②About Terry Fox Run which we held on 6th Nov., we have got lots of donations 404,500yen at the moment. And there will be a little more donation eventually. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to doing this event next year.

③We will held Road Safety Week from 13th to 17th Dec. Accordingly, we are looking for Crosswalk Monitors. We will send the application and information for volunteers via Nanohana and Hai Hai Mail.


④We have been discussing about how to choose a president, a vice president, leaders and officers. We will held extra general meeting for changing the bylaws on February.

⑤We had to cancel the Teachers Appreciation Day due to COVID19 crisis last year. This year we will plan to do it on 28th Feb 2022.

19 OCTOBER PTA MEETING

日時:2021年10月19日 1:30〜2:30PM

場所:MIS および ZOOM Online

内容:①sand pitの進行状況の見学

   ②Terry Fox Run について

   ③PTA規約の改定について

①PTAはシトラノ校長、ホール副校長とともに現在工事中のSand Pitを見学、そして確認を行いました(写真参照)。業者への支払いは既に完了しています。

②テリー・フォックス・ランは今年はMIS校内にて開催です。PTAは8:30amに集合、準備の予定です。参加者は9:00amに正門が開きます。PTAの当日の役割はテーブルなどのセッティング、周回のカウントです。当日に預かった寄付金はシトラノ校長が預かります。後日学校に集金された寄付金は、PTAの名前でテリー・フォックス財団に送られます。当日の保険はPTAの方でカバー済みです。

③PTAの役員に関して、新しい会長・副会長・各リーダーは1月及び2月頃選出し、3月の学年末までに引き継ぎを行えるようにして、4月のGeneral Meeting で承認される、という流れはどうかという意見が出ています。それに際し、現規約をいくつか見直す必要があり役員で協議しているところです。

Date:19th Oct 2021

Time: 1:30~2:30pm

Venue: MIS/ZOOM Online

Topics: ①The Progress of Sandpit Project

②Terry Fox Run

③Revision for PTA Bylaws

①PTA went to check and see how the progress of the sandpit project with Mr.Citrano and Mr.A.Hall (Refer to the pictures). We have already done payment to the contractor.


②Terry Fox Run will be held at MIS this year. PTA will meet at 8:30am and start preparing for the event. The gate will open at 9am for all participants. PTA will do setting up tables and other equipments then counting the laps.

All donations that are received on that day, will be kept by Mr.Citrano.

Then all collected money at the school will be transferred to Terry

Fox Foundation under the name of PTA. PTA has already covered the insurance for the event.


③We have some opinions that choosing a new chairman, a vice chairman and each leader. They will be chosen by January or February then taking over work duties by the end of the academic year, March. Then all candidates will be approved at the General Meeting in April.

In this case, we need to revise some rules so we are still discussing at the moment.

21 SEPTEMBER PTA MEETING

日時:2021年9月21日 1:30〜2:30PM

場所:ZOOM Online

内容:①Present situation

   ②秋の交通安全週間について

   ③PTA規約の変更について


①シトラノ校長より近況報告

新型コロナウィルス感染症拡大による緊急事態宣言が出ている中ではありますが、9月25日(土)にスポーツデーが無事に行われました。

今後の予定として、10月にミュージックリサイタル、ブックウィーク、11月にテリーフォックスラン、12月にウインターパフォーマンスの開催を予定しています。

②秋の交通安全週間について

春と同様のMIS付近の横断歩道での登下校時の見守りを行う予定でしたが、9月は近隣の道路工事が行われているために延期します。10月か11月、状況を見ながら開催を検討しています。

③PTA規約の変更について

既存の規約の見直しと改正をしています。今後も引き続き役員内で話し合います。


④その他

幼稚園の敷地内に新しいサンドピットを建設中です。今年度内に完成する予定です。



Date 21st September 2021

Time 1:15pm-2:15pm

Venue Zoom Online

Topics ①Present Situation

②Autunm Road Safety Week

③PTA Bylaws

①Recent Report from Mr.Citrano

Even though a state of emergency has been declared,we held Sports Day on 25th September with thoroughly taking countermeasures against COVID19 and it was done safely.

Our future plan in Term2 will be as follows.

 October: Music Recitals,Book Week

November: Terry Fox Run

December: Winter Performance

②Autunm Road Safety Week

Like PTA did in Spring,we supposed to plan crosswalk monitoring around the crossing near MIS,but we have to postpone as the road construction is being carried out in these areas during September.

We would like to wait and see then consider for monitoring

depending on how it goes.

③About updating PTA Bylaws

We are going back over and revising the existing bylaws. PTA officers will continue to discuss it.

④Other

The sandpit for a playground in Kindergarten is under construction.

It is scheduled to be completed in the end of this term.

15 June PTA MEETING

日時:2021年6月15日 1:30〜2:30PM

場所:MIS多目的ホール/ZOOM Online

参加者:A・ホール副校長

    田口PTA会長

    PTA役員

内容:①Sandpit Projectの現況報告

   ②6月17日開催のZOOM Cafe について

   ③新倉庫の利用方法

   ④PTA規約の変更について

   ⑤PTA所有物の新倉庫への移動

①ホール副校長より近況報告

 Sandpit Projectの施工を担当するアシュモール氏より、遊具に使用する木材やパーツの写真と進行状況が送られてきました。全ての木材にはシロアリ対策が施されています。クライミング・ウォールには3種類の色の木材が使われる予定です。これらを組み合わせいくつかのサンプルが製作されています。工事は、夏休み以外は学校が休みになる週末を利用して行われる予定です。

②6月17日のZOOM Cafeについて

 6月15日時点での参加者は20名、パネリスト5名、シトラノ校長、ホール副校長の予定です。通訳の方も入ります。

 当日の様子や内容はMIS PTA ウェブサイトに掲載する予定です。

 ・Events Committeeからの提案

  今後のPTA活動について

 秋の交通安全週間、Walkathon、Evening Cafe など

③新倉庫について

*オフィスが鍵の管理をする。

*念のため、もしスペースがあれば学校の所有物も保管することが出来る。

*Treasurer Comitteeが倉庫内の管理・チェックなどを担当する。

④PTA規約について

 次回の総会までに既存の規約の見直しと改正をして、確認できるようにする予定です。


We held the PTA Board Meeting on 15th June 2021.

Date: 15th June 2021 1:30-2:30PM

Venue: MIS Multipurpose Hall/Zoom Online

Attendees: Mr.A Hall(Deputy Head of School)

Mr.Taguchi(PTA President)

PTA Officers

Topics: ①Status Report of Sandpit Project

②Zoom Cafe on 17th June

③How to Use a New Storage

④About the PTA Bylaws

⑤Moving PTA's Property to the New Storage

①Status Report of Sandpit Project from Mr.Hall

We've had information from Mr.Ashmore.He's been sending updates and photos of the sandpit project.All woods that he'll use for this project are coated with termite control.For climbing wall,he's going to use 3 different kinds of colour woods. He's also been making some samples using these pieces. The construction will be done on the weekend before summer holiday.

②Zoom Cafe on 17th June

We will have 20 participants,5 panelists, Mr.Citrano and Mr.Hall at the moment. The interpreter will attend this online cafe,

*From Event Committee,

・After this event,we might have another meeting like "Coffee Evening"

・Road Safety Week in Autumn

・Walkathon

③The New Storage

・The office will keep the key.

・The School-owned items can be stored in the storage if there is still space,just in case.

・Treasurer committee will take care of what's inside and what we need etc.

④About the Bylaws

Some articles will be changed and confirmed by next general meeting.

We might have an extra meeting before the monthly meeting in September.

 






18th May 2021 Extra general meeting


2021年5月18日、PTA臨時総会が開催されました。

日時:2021年5月18日(火) 1:15〜2:15PM

場所:ZOOM オンライン

出席者:シトラノ校長、A・ホール副校長、PTA田口会長、PTA役員、

    MIS生徒保護者

内容:幼稚園に設置する砂場・遊具について(Sand Pit Project)

   倉庫設置について

   PTA活動の近況報告

*今回の臨時会議は、幼稚園校舎付近に砂場および遊具を設置するプロジェクトにおいて、PTAより寄付をすることについてとPTA備品を保管する倉庫の購入について、保護者の皆様からの承認を得るために開かれました。

 採決の結果、満場一致で2件とも賛同を得られましたので、このプロジェクトを正式に進める手続きに入ります。

*PTA活動の近況報告

① 交通安全週間 

 5月10日〜14日の期間、MIS付近の横断歩道で保護者ボランティア18名とPTA役員により登下校時の見守りを行いました。

② Zoom Cafeの開催

 新型コロナウィルス感染症拡大防止・感染予防の観点より、Coffee Morningなどのイベントができない状況が続き、保護者同士の交流が減少していると考え、PTAでは新しくMISに入学された保護者の方たちを中心に、情報交換できる場を作る企画を検討しています。開催日時などの詳細は決定次第ご報告致します。

*シトラノ校長よりご挨拶

 この新しい砂場・遊具を設置するという素晴らしい企画に皆さんからの賛同を頂いたことに感謝致します。また倉庫についても、PTAの倉庫を設置することで学校の備品を保管するスペースを更に有効に利用できるようになるので、皆さんの承認を得られたことを嬉しく思います。今日の総会に参加して頂きありがとうございました。

*PTA田口会長より一言

 前回の総会でPTAの立場という点で明瞭ではなかったところがあったようなので、お詫びと確認をさせて頂きます。

 PTAは学校に対して特定の意見や考えを議論したり、その意見を学校側にプッシュしたりする団体ではありません。学校の方針に共感し、協力して生徒たちの学校生活の環境をよりよくしていくためのサポートをする立場であるとして活動致します。今日はお忙しいところ、お集まり頂きありがとうございました。

We held the PTA Extra General Meeting on 18th May 2021.

Date: Tuesday 18th May 2021 1:15-2:15PM

Venue: ZOOM Online

Attendees: Mr.Citrano(Head of School)

Mr.A.Hall(Deputy Head of School)

Mr.Taguchi(PTA President)

PTA Officers

MIS Parents

Topics: Sand Pit Project

Installing a Storage

Present Situation of PTA Activities

*This extra meeting was held for having approval from parents about donating for sand pit project and installing the storage for PTA equipments.

The result of voting was unanimously approved,so we move forward with this project.

*Present Situation of PTA Activities

① Road Safety Week

During 10th-14th May, MIS Parents(Volunteers) and PTA Officers

had guarding children at crosswalks around MIS in the morning

and at dismissal.

② ZOOM Cafe

We haven't been able to hold events like Coffee Morning due to

prevent COVID-19.We concern that the amount of opportunities to

communication with the parents is decreasing. So PTA is planning

to provide opportunities for exchange informations,mainly for

newly enrolled students' families. Details will be announced when

it's scheduled.

* Greeting from Mr.Citrano

Thank you so much for approving this amazing project.

Also I appreciate all parents agree to installing of the storage as the

school will be able to use more space effectively if PTA would have

their own storage.

Thank you for participating in this meeting.

*Greeting from Mr.Taguchi

First of all, I would like to apologise that there was a confusion of

what the PTA position is, and would like to clarify and confirm the

point of view.

PTA is not a group which discussing specific opinions or thoughts

and push these things to the school. We are sympathize and agree

with the school policy and will be active for supporting to make

children's school environments better.

I appreciate you all for joining the meeting today.

Road Safety Week of May, 2021

2021年5月10日から14日の間、学校近辺の道路で、春の交通安全週間が行われました。

MIS PTAでは昨年より交通安全週間に合わせて、年に2回ほど学校周辺の横断歩道の見守りを実施していきます。

次回は秋に行います。

ぜひ保護者様のご協力の程、よろしくお願いします。

28th April 2021 PTA Extra Board Meeting

2021年4月28日、PTA臨時会議が行われました。

日時:4月28日  1:15〜2:15PM

場所:ZOOM オンライン

出席者:シトラノ校長、A・ホール副校長、PTA田口会長、PTA役員

内容:新規役員・各リーダー紹介/挨拶

   幼稚園園庭に設置する遊具について

   交通安全週間について

*新規遊具設置の件

長い間、協議を重ねてきた幼稚園園庭に設置する遊具を委託する業者について、様々な意見の交換を行いました。

現在2つの会社に見積もりを依頼していて、ゴールデン・ウィーク明けに見積りが出る予定です。安全性・予算・先生方のニーズなどこちらの要望に最も沿った形で、プロジェクトを進められたらという考えです。

なお、プロジェクトの進行にあたり、臨時総会を開催し出席者の過半数の賛同が必要になります。臨時総会は5月18日を予定しています。

*交通安全週間について

5月10日(月)の午後の枠が少ないため、引き続きボランティアを募集しています。


We held an extra PTA Board Meeting on 28th April.

The topics as below.

・Introducing new officers and each committee leader.

・New equipment for Kindergarten(The Sand Pit Project).

・Road Safety Week Volunteers

*About New Equipment for Kindergarten

We've been discussing this project for a long time and we exchanged many opinions about contractors.MIS has requested


estimates from two companies and we will get them after golden week.

We deeply consider safety,budget and teachers' needs then will proceed with the plan.

We need to hold an extra general meeting and it would be approved by a majority of those present.

The Extra General Meeting will be held on 18th May.

*Road Safety Week

We still need some volunteers on the 10th May afternoon.

20 APRIL 2021 PTA GENERAL MEETING

以下の通り、2021年度4月のPTA総会が行われました。

日時:2021年4月20日 1:15 - 2:15 PM

場所:ZOOM オンラインにて

出席者:深谷理事長、シトラノ校長、PTA田口会長とPTA役員、保護者

内容:

・深谷理事長およびシトラノ校長の挨拶

・PTAの活動をスライド資料にてレビュー

・2020年度の決算

・深事長より、近隣の道路に「通学路」標識を付けてもらうよう要望したその後の報告:千葉県より、イオンスタイル周辺の道路にスクールゾーンを建設することが正式に決定しました。時期は未定です。

・新しく砂場を設置する件:この間PTAと学校で進めてきた話で、幼稚園のグラウンドに、新しく砂場を設置することが決定しました。これは避暑の場としての場、及び、遊具としての役割も備えます。夏休みに設置をする予定です。

・PTAが総会を経ずに行使できる金額について:田口会長より、これまでの10万円を今後は20万円に上げたいという提案がありました。満場一致により、可決されました。

・保護者からの以下の提案 :

1.登校時の黒革靴についての要望:黒革靴は制服の一つなので着用は必須となりますが、学校での履き替えについては、学校側が検討するとのこと。

2.サマースクール及びクラブの開催について:新型コロナウイルスの影響で、生徒の安全確保のため、今後も活動が制限される予定です。

3. 毎月のPTA会議のオブザーバーについて:オブザーバーとして出席を希望する方のため、今後の受け入れ方法をPTA役員で検討していきます。

以上


We held the PTA General Meeting for April 2021 as below.

Date and Time: 20th April 2021 1:15-2:15pm

Venue: Zoom Online

Attendees: Mr.Fukaya(Chairman)

Mr.Citrano(Head of School)

Mr.Taguchi(PTA President)

PTA Officers

Parents

Subjects of the Meeting

*Greeting from Mr.Fukaya and Mr.Citrano

*Review of PTA Activities by using slide

*Settlement of Accounts of 2020

・From Mr.Fukaya

Report of requesting to set up school zone signs at crossings around MIS; From Chiba Prefecture,It's official to set up the school zone signs at crossings around AEON STYLE. It hasn't been decided yet when the construction will begin.

・Installing a new sandpit; MIS and PTA has proceeded with the project installing a new sandpit in kindergarten ground,and it has been decided.This will provide as avoiding the heat and equipment.It will be installed during the summer holiday.

・An amount of money that PTA can use without going through the General Meeting; PTA can use ¥100,000 without going through the General Meeting so far and there was a suggestion from Mr.Taguchi,would like to raise ¥200,000.The suggestion was unanimously approved.


・Suggestions from Parents at Open Discussion

① Request for the black leather shoes; It is necessary wearing the black leather shoes as these are school uniform.But there is possibility to change their shoes at school.School will consider this request.

②Summer School and Club Activities; Due to COVID-19 and to ensure students safety,these activities will be restricted.

③Observer for PTA Board Meeting

Those who wish to attend PTA Board Meeting as observers,PTA officers will consider how to accept them.

17 MARCH PTA MEETING

本日、3月19日はK3 & G6 Graduation ceremonyです。

卒業生の皆さん、ご卒業おめでとうございます。

今日この日を迎えられましたことを心よりお祝い申し上げます。


3月17日にPTA会議が開かれました。

シトラノ校長より現在の学校の状況の報告

・今年度最終日にK3とG6の卒園、卒業式が行われました。(招待者のみの出席になります)

・新年度は新型コロナウィルス感染症の蔓延リスクを防ぐため、入学式は行いません。

・Meet the Teachers Evenings(先生との顔合わせ)は、園児・児童1名につき保護者1名のみの参加を予定しています。

Teachers and Staff Appreciationについて

・今年は新型コロナウィルス感染症拡大防止の観点から、メッセージカードとギフトを先生方、スタッフの皆さんに贈ることになりました。

幼稚園、小学校合わせて516枚のカードとe-mail経由で42枚の写真が集まりました。これらのカードと写真はギフトと一緒に各先生方とスタッフの皆さんに、シトラノ校長より渡して頂きました。保護者の皆様のご協力に感謝いたします。


ストレージについて

・PTAの所有する備品などを保管するストレージは現在入荷待ちとなっています。

2021年度のPTA総会は4月20日(火)にオンラインにて開催の予定です。


On 19th March,MIS held K3 and G6 Graduation Ceremony.

Congratulations on your graduation!! We wish you all the best in your future.

The PTA Monthly Meeting was held on 17th March 2021.

Here are topics we've discussed.

*Present situation of MIS from Mr.Citrano

・We will hold K3 and G6 Graduation Ceremony on the last day of this school year.(Invitation only)

・There is no Opening Ceremony for the new school year 2021 as preventing the spread of COVID-19.

・The school will have "Meeting the Teachers Evening",and one parent can participate for each child.

*Teachers and Staff Appreciation

To prevent the spread of COVID-19,we've decided to give message cards and gifts for teachers and staff. The total of Kindergarten and Elementary School,we've collected 516 message cards and 42 photos via e-mail. These cards and gifts were handed from Mr.Citrano to each teacher and all staff.We appreciated all parents supporting and encouraging the children to do this production.

*About the Storage

The storage for keeping PTA's equipment is on backorder at the moment.

*The PTA General Meeting will be held on 20th April 2021 by online.

16 FEBRUARY PTA MEETING

Present School Situation

予定されていたG5とG6の旅行は、千葉市による規制のため残念ながらキャンセルとなりました。


今後の予定について

・Parent’s Evening:3月2日から4日に開催

・新学年の開会式:開催しません。

・新学期始業日:4月2日

・新年度PTA総会:4月20日開催


The PTA Storage Unit

保管スペースを確保する為、倉庫の購入と設置を検討しています。

次回の総会にてお知らせします。


Staff Appreciation Day

Eメール、Nanohanaおよび動画等を通じて、このイベントの詳細を告知してきました。

サポートしてくださった先生方ならびに保護者の方々に感謝いたします。

手作りの郵便ポストを学校内に18個設置したことにより、たくさんのThank you cardsが集められました。

これらは当日、ギフトと共に先生方にお渡しします。


次回のPTA会議は3月16日で、今年度最後となります。


Present School Situation


・MIS had to cancel G5 and G6 trips due to regulation by Chiba city.


The Following Schedule


・Parents' Evening starts from 2nd March to 4th March.

・MIS will not have the Opening Ceremony for next academic year.

・New academic year will start on 2nd April.

・PTA general meeting for new academic year will be held on 20th April.


About The PTA Storage Unit


・We consider purchasing and installing a new storage shed. We'll inform you all when the general meeting is held.

Teachers and Staffs Appreciation Day


・We have been announcing this event through Email, Nanohana and video.

We appreciate teachers and parents' support. We were able to collect a lot of Thank you cards from 18 handmade postboxes that we put in the school.

These cards will be handed with gifts to teachers and staffs on the Appreciation Day.

Next PTA monthly meeting will be held on 16th March, which will be the last meeting of this academic year.

19 JANUARY PTA MEETING

2021年1月19日、PTA会議が開かれました。

議題は以下の通りです。

1.Present situation

シトラノ校長より、現在の学校の状況が話されました。

2.安全な登下校について

MISの交通安全週間の取り組みの一環で、近隣の道路に「通学路」標識を付けてもらうよう要望しました。

来年度の夏頃に設置予定とのことです。

3.今年度のPTA活動振り返り

今年度はPTA総会を一度しか開けませんでした。

来年度は規約通り二度開く予定です。

4.Teacher Appreciation Dayの開催について

3月に行われる、Teacher Appreciation Dayの内容を検討しました。

生徒から先生および学校職員へのメッセージを募集予定(教室内に設置を予定しているポスト、またはe-mailにて)、動画に編集してプレゼントと一緒に贈る予定です。

この件については、内容が決まり次第PTAのNews Letterで生徒の皆様へ周知します。(2月5日発行予定)

次回のPTA会議は2月16日を予定しています。


The PTA Monthly Meeting was held on 19th Jan.2021.

Here are topics of discussion as follows.

  1. Present Situation

Announcement of current school situation from Mr.Citrano.

  1. About Safety School Commuting

As part of our efforts during MIS Road Safety Week, we've requested to Chiba-city that to put school zone sign around streets near MIS and they approved it. They will put them by next summer.

  1. Looking back PTA Activity in 2020

As COVID-19 situation, we could hold the General Meeting only once.

We are hoping to hold the General Meeting twice in a year next school year according to the bylaws.

  1. Teachers Appreciation Day

We've discussed Teachers Appreciation Day which will be held in March.

We're planning to collect the messages and photos to teachers and staff members (put them in a post that we'll set in each classroom or send them by e-mail), then edit them to a movie, eventually we will give gifts together with it.

About this matter, we will inform all students via PTA News Letter as soon as when the details have been finalized. (The date of issue will be on 5th Feb.)


Next PTA Monthly Meeting will be held on 16th Feb.

15 DECEmber PTA Meeting

2020年12月15日、PTA会議が開かれました。

議題は以下の通りです。


1.Present situation

シトラノ校長より、現在の学校の状況が話されました。


2.安全な登下校について

11月24日 (火)から11月27日 (金)の間、交通安全週間が行われました。

安全確認をしてから横断歩道を渡る生徒が増えた一方で、ヘルメットが未着用の生徒も見かけられました。

次回は来年度、5月10日から5月14日に、春の交通安全週間を行う予定です。


3.PTAの広報活動について

PTAの活動があまり知られていない課題解決のため、ニュースレターの発行を検討しています。


4.Teacher Appreciation Dayの開催について

PTAとして、3月にTeacher Appreciation Dayの開催を検討しています。

この件については、次回の会議で話し合いをします。


次回のPTA会議は来年の1月19日を予定しています。


1. Opening

Mr. Citrano talked about the current situation of the school.


2. Safe commuting to/from school

Road Safety Week was held from November 24th (Tuesday) to 27th (Friday).

While the number of those student, who crosses the road after confirming safety, has been increased, some students still have not worn helmet.

we are planning to hold Spring Road Safety Week from May 10th to 14th next year.


3. PTA public relations activities

We are considering to create newsletter in order increase the awareness to the PTA activities.


4. Teacher Appreciation Day

We are also considering to hold Teacher Appreciation Day in March.

It will be discussed further during the next meeting.


The next PTA meeting is scheduled for January 19th next year.

27 NoVEMBER ROAD SAFETY WEEK

本日は、MIS交通安全週間の最終日でした。

保護者ボランティアの方々、ご協力ありがとうございました。


見守りをしている中で、安全確認をしてから横断歩道を渡るようになった子が増えました。

一方で、ヘルメットを未着用のまま自転車に乗っている生徒も見かけます。

これを機会に、保護者の皆様からぜひお子様にヘルメットの着用を促していただければと思います。

This week is Road Safety Week


Where MIS PTA performs watching and safety support at commuting paths, mainly at crosswalks that are close to the School.




17 November PTA Meeting


2020年11月17日、PTA会議が開かれました。

11月5日の臨時休校から明けて11月16日(月)、学校が再開されました。

清掃消毒等の対応により、通常の学業環境に迅速に戻れたことに対して、学校へ心から感謝いたします。

今後の学校でのイベント及び活動は以下の予定です。

Sports Day

G4-G6 11月25日(水)9:00-11:30

G1-G3 11月26日(木)9:00-11:30

Kindergarten 11月27日(金)9:00-11:30

Twin Day 12月4日(参加費 ¥100)

Play Day 12月11日(参加費 ¥100)

※参加費 ¥100は、Red Feather Campaign Collectionへの寄付となります。

MIS 交通安全週間が11月24日 (火)から11月27日 (金)まで開催されます。

この期間中の登下校時間帯に、PTAは、学校周辺の横断歩道にて保護者ボランティアとともに見守りを実施します。

(登校時 8:35~8:50 AM、下校時 3:15~3:35PM予定)

学校側は、一緒に取り組む為の交通安全プレゼンテーション等を準備しています。

また、千葉県警は、自転車と交通安全プログラムに関する講習をG3へ行うために、11月26日(木)午後にMISに来る予定となっております。


20 October PTA Meeting

2020年10月20日TA会議が開かれました。

議題は以下の通りです。

  1. Present situation

シトラノ校長より、現在の学校の状況が話されました。

今後の学校の予定として、Book parade および Sports dayが行われます。いずれも保護者を入れず、生徒のみで行います。

今年度のWinter Performance は行いません。

  1. 安全な登下校について

学校周辺の横断歩道のモニター調査で、60名の方がモニターが必要だと回答しました。一方で、ボランティアに参加できる方が少数しかおらず、PTAとして、学校に春と秋に交通安全キャンペーンを行うことを提案しました。

学校側からは、千葉西警察署に依頼して生徒たちに交通安全指導をしてもらう自転車ヘルメット着用者へのハウスポイントを配布することの提案を受けました。

それと共に千葉市へスクールゾーンおよび信号設置警察の巡回などを要望を出していきます。

  1. プレイグラウンドの遊具について

引き続き、学校および業者側と協議していきます。


次回のPTA会議は11月17日(火)です。



We had PTA Board Meeting on 20th Oct.2020.

The topics are as follows.


  1. Present Situation

Mr.Citrano gave us an update on the latest school situation.

Book Week Parade will be held on 23rd Oct

Music Recitals 26th-30th Oct

Sports Day 11th-13th Nov

as the school have already sent e-mail "MIS Special Events Dates"

We will not be able to have parents as spectators at these events.

We will not be holding Winter Performance this year.


  1. For Safety School Commuting

About a result of a survey for Crosswalk monitor around the school, 60 people answered "We need Crosswalk monitor".

On the other hand, there were few candidates who will be able to join volunteer.

Therefore PTA suggested to the school for doing traffic safety campaign in spring and autumn.

MIS also suggested for asking Chiba-Nishi Police Office to supervise traffic safety for students, will give house points to whom wearing their helmet.

Along with that, we will request to Chiba city for safety patrol, installation of traffic signals and school zone sign.


  1. About Playground Equipments

We will keep discussing with the school and the trader.


Next PTA Board Meeting will be held on 17th November.

SEPTEMBER 2020 PTA GENERAL MEETING

以下の通り、2020年度9月のPTA総会が行われました。

日時:2020年9月15日 1:15 - 2:15 PM

場所:ZOOM オンラインにて

出席者:深谷理事長、シトラノ校長、PTA田口会長とPTA役員、保護者

内容:

・深谷理事長およびシトラノ校長の挨拶

・PTAの活動をスライド資料にてレビュー

・深谷理事長より、学校隣地の車両待機・転回スペースについてのその後の報告 : 今後もスペースを使用させて頂けるようにPTAから千葉市に要望書を提出済だが、千葉市としては売却の方向であるとのこと

・保護者からの以下の提案 :

  1. より安全な登校のため、登下校時に学校周辺の横断歩道での保護者による誘導(特にベイパーク開発地付近)

2. 学校ゾーンの看板設置に関する市への要望

3. 生徒登校完了時のメール通知システムの検討

4. コミュニケーションやイベントを促進する存在としてのクラス代表保護者の任命

・上記に関して、次回以降協議する予定


次回のPTA会議は、10月20日の予定です。

引き続きよろしくお願い致します。


PTA Newsletter.pdf

01 SEPTEMBER 2020 PTA MEETING

2020年9月1日、臨時のPTA会議が開かれました。

・Present situation

シトラノ校長より、現在の学校の状況が話されました。

今まで通りに全ての活動ができるわけではないが、できる範囲で現状に対応しつつ、イベントを行いたいと考えています。常に、県の方針に従って、状況に応じて対応します。

Mr. Citrano shared with the PTA about the school's situation. It's not possible to hold activities like have in the past, although we'd like to hold some events the current situation requres a different approach. As always, the school will follow prefectural policy and guidelines for any events or activities.

Please check the PTA newsletter on the left for more details!

General meeting, Sept 15th

9月15日(火) 1:15-2:15pm に、今年度のPTA総会を行います。

・PTA Activity, October 20th

10月20日(火) 1:15-2:15pm に、PTA役員会議を行います。


16 June 2020 PTA Meeting

This week the PTA hosted its first meeting of the term via web conferencing. We discussed how to restart the PTA activities in the next term, and how to adjust our activities to adapt to this new normal. Here are a few highlights of our discussion:

  1. PTA General meeting will be September 15. More details on how to join will be announced when we return in the next term. During this meeting we will accept new officers into the PTA.

  2. The PTA officers from last year are being asked to kindly continue their volunteer work in the PTA for a little longer. We appreciate your continued support and hope that new officers can join us soon.

  3. The annual PTA fee will still be collected in the following term. Without the annual Bazaar, we’re a little behind on our fundraising plans for the new playground equipment, but we’re continuing to pursue this goal and hope to have more updates on this in the near future.

  4. We are continuing to brainstorm and re-imagine PTA activities in this new environment - like having virtual PTA meetings, maybe we can host other social events virtually. Please share your ideas, and we'll share more in our next update.



Congratulations on your graduation

本日はG6の卒業式です。

卒業生の皆さん、ご卒業おめでとうございます。また保護者の皆様、お子様が立派に成長され、今日この日を迎えられましたことを心よりお祝い申し上げます。

18 February pta meeting

2020年 2月のPTA会議のミーティングで話された議題は以下の通りです。

今年度PTA会費の集金ご協力ありがとうございました。

日頃より、PTA活動にご支援・ご協力をして頂き感謝しております。

・PTA会費の活用について

幼稚園の敷地にプレイグランドを設置する案の見積もりを引き続き検討しております。具体的な内容等については次回以降に話し合うことになりました。

・3月2日のポットラックについて

先日、お送りしたPotluck letterに登録してくださった方々ありがとうございます。現状の新型コロナウィルスにより、残念ながら中止となりました。

・テリーフォックスランについて


4月25日に開催します。(雨天時は26日予定)次回の会議で具体的な内容を決めていきます。

・学校隣地の車両待機・転回スペースを3月以降も引き使用させて頂けるようにPTAから千葉市に要望書を提出しました。

この件に関しては、またお知らせ致します。


次回のPTA会議は3月10日(火)です。


In February’s PTA meeting we discussed:

The collection of PTA dues this year - thank you for your continued support for and cooperation in PTA activities. We are still reviewing plans to set up a playground on the kindergarten site. Specific details will be discussed later.

The Teacher and Staff Appreciation Potluck - thank you to those who registered to contribute. Unfortunately, out of an abundance of caution, the Potluck has been canceled due to the current situation with the coronavirus.

About Terry Fox Run: It will be held on April 25. (backup date will be on the 26th in the event it rains on the 25th). We will determine the specifics at the next meeting.

The PTA has submitted a request form to Chiba City asking for MIS to be allowed to use the vehicle waiting / turning space next to the school even after March.

We’ll keep you updated on this topic in our next post.

The next PTA meeting is March 10 (Tuesday).


21 January PTA Meeting

In January's PTA meeting the following topics were discussed:

・ Timing of PTA fee collection next school year

This year, due to the change in membership dues, the collection date was later than in previous years. Next fiscal year the PTA dues will be collected earlier.

・ About PTA membership fees

Regarding the “playground equipment” donation that been talked about in the PTA, one proposal is to set up a playground next to the kindergarten classes. We will collect proposals and estimates from several companies and discuss them at future PTA meetings.

・ About the Teacher and Staff Appreciation Potluck

The appreciation potluck will be held on Monday, March 2. Last year, we distributed a letter announcing the event and explaining what to bring, but this year we're considering a paperless approach by organizing on the web, electronically. More information on the potluck will be sent out later.

・ About Terry Fox Run

The Terry Fox Run, which is usually held in November - which is also a busy time with exams. We received requests from the faculty and staff about changing the timing of the event. We are considering shifting the annual event to late April.

Our next PTA meeting is Tuesday, February 18.


2020年1月のPTA会議のミーティングで話された議題は以下の通りです。

・次年度PTA会費徴収の時期

今年度は会費変更の関係で遅くなりましたが、次年度は早めのPTA会費徴収となります。時期については学校側が調整中です。

・PTA会費の活用について

これまでPTAでの中で話されてきた「校庭の遊具」について、一案として、幼稚園の敷地にプレイグランドを設置する案が挙がっています。千葉県の某企業から出されたイニシャルプランを確認しました。何社かからの案と見積もりを募集して、今後のPTA会議で確認していきます。

・ポットラックについて

3月2日(月)に開催します。昨年はレターを配布して告知をし、持ち寄るものを募集しましたが、今年はWEBで募集をできないか検討しています。ポットラックの案内は今月中を目指します。

・テリーフォックスランについて

11月に開催することが恒例となっているテリーフォックスランですが、教職員側から開催時期の要望をもらいました。理由は、11月は受験時期と重なることで多忙だからです。年間スケジュールと照らし合わせて、4月下旬に開催時期をずらすよう検討しています。

次回のPTA会議は2月18日(火)です。


12 Dec General Meeting

Happy New Year and welcome back!

In our 2nd General PTA Meeting of 2019 we reviewed all the activity of MIS PTA and voted on the proposed changes to our Bylaws. The votes submitted by absentee and the votes from everyone present were unanimous in favor of the proposed changes (see the post below for more details). We will amend and publish our Bylaws on MISPTA.COM before the term ends.

Thank you everyone for your support of our PTA!

In this month’s meeting, we’ll plan for the upcoming Teacher and Staff Appreciation Potluck. An update on that will be shared here shortly afterwards.


あけましておめでとうございます。今年もよろしくお願いします。

2019年の第2回PTA総会では、MIS PTAのすべての活動をレビューし、規約の変更案に投票しました。 不在者によって提出された票と出席した全員からの票は、提案された変更に賛成して全会一致でした(詳細については以下の投稿を参照してください)。 私たちはMISPTA.COMに規約を修正して公開する予定です。

PTAをご支援いただきありがとうございます!

今月のPTA会議では、今後のイベントである先生方とスタッフへの感謝のポットラックを計画します。 後日、またこちらでお知らせします。

November PTA Meeting

Our November PTA meeting started with a quick retrospective of this year’s Terry Fox Run. This year the setup was fast, and even with a larger turnout than last year everything went very smoothly. Thank you to everyone that joined the event and helped us have a fun day for a great cause!

Most of our meeting time this month was spent discussing a very important change we want to make to our Bylaws. This change will be voted on at the 2nd General Meeting in December.

1) PTA officers, after several months of discussion, agreed to vote on an increase in annual PTA dues. Please see the proposed change to our Bylaws:

(3)Each member of MIS PTA shall pay dues: three thousand yen (¥3,000) per family for PTA management.

(3)Each member of MIS PTA shall pay dues: five thousand yen (¥5,000) per child for PTA management.

This is the first time in our PTA’s history to raise dues. This change will help fund valuable PTA initiatives that will benefit all our children:

  • Funding for PTA resources used in organization of annual activities

  • Funding for special projects (e.g., donation of playground equipment, portable sunshades)

  • Funding for special events and activities (e.g., teacher appreciation luncheon, coffee mornings)

  • Funding to build a stronger PTA network that supports our school and children’s future

For more details, and to vote on this change to the Bylaws, please attend the 2nd General Meeting on December 12th at 15:30 in the Multipurpose hall. Those unable to attend may entrust their vote to the Chairman or other representative. An announcement will be sent home with all students.


11月のPTA会議は、今年のTerry Fox Runの出来事を振り返ることから始まりました。今年は準備が早く、昨年よりも多くの参加があったにもかかわらず、すべてが非常にスムースに進みました。イベントに参加された方々、およびこの大きな目的のために私たちを助けてくれた皆様に感謝致します。

今月の会議の時間のほとんどは、私たちが規約に加えたい非常に重要な変更について議論することに費やされました。この変更に関しては、12月の第2回総会で投票が行われます。

1)PTA役員は、数か月の議論を経て、年間PTA会費の増加に関する投票を行うことに同意しました。規約の変更案をご覧ください。

変更前:MIS PTAの各メンバーは、PTA運営のために1家族あたり年会費3,000円を支払うものとする。

変更後:MIS PTAの各メンバーは、PTA運営のために子供1人あたり年会費5,000円を支払うものとする。

PTAの歩んできた歴史の中で、会費を引き上げるのはこれが初めてです。この変更は、すべての子供たちの利益となる、PTAによる以下の価値ある取り組みに役立てられます。

・PTAの年間活動資金

・特別なプロジェクトへの資金(例:校庭の遊具、携帯用日除け等の寄付)

・特別なイベントや活動のための資金(例:教師謝恩昼食会、コーヒーモーニング)

・学校と子供たちの未来をサポートする、より強力なPTAネットワークを構築するための資金

詳細について、およびこの規約変更の投票への参加は、12月12日15時30分にホールにて行われる第2回総会にご出席ください。出席できない方は、議長または他の代表者に投票を委任することができます。なお、告知は、全生徒によりご家庭へ届けられます。





October PTA Meeting

At the October PTA meeting, two main topics were discussed.

1) Terry Fox Run

We discussed the schedule, items the PTA should prepare, and rules regarding event management. We also clarified how best to collaborate between PTA and school staff to make it another successful charity event.

2) The PTA General Assembly

Following the first round in April, the second PTA General Assembly is scheduled for December 12. November's regular PTA meeting will prepare for a General Assembly, more details to be posted soon.


10月のPTAミーティングでは、主に2つの議題に関して話し合われました。

Terry Fox Run

当日のスケジュール確認、飲水の持参、イベント運営に関するルールなどについて話し合いました。また、学校から依頼されたPTAの業務に関して最終確認しました。

総会について

四月に行われた第一回に続き、12月12日に第二回目の実施を予定しております。来月のPTAでは、具体的な総会の実施準備を行います。


19 SEPTEMBER PTA MEETING

In this month's PTA meeting, there were two new agenda items to discuss. First, the Donation committee presented some proposals on what we could donate to the school. Last year the PTA helped purchase new swings and horizontal bar for the school playground. And second, there was a proposal that the PTA should increase the number of events we host each year. We'll discuss both topics in more detail at a later time.

Regarding the Terry Fox Run: the venue was reserved at our usual location, Wakaba 3-chome Park. The PTA will run the reception booth and prepare certificates for those that participate. Drinks will be sold by the school, while the PTA will supply paper cups and other supplies for the event. All preparations will be finalized at our next PTA meeting.


・Donation班からの議題の提案がいくつかありました。昨年度ブランコと鉄棒に続き、今年はPTAとして何を寄付するかを話し合いました。また、PTA主催のイベントを増やしたいという意見が出ました。どちらの議題に関しても、具体的な内容等については次回以降に話し合うことになりました。

・Terry Fox Runについては、会場の申し込み手続きを完了しました。当日のPTA活動は、参加者の受付、および終了後の証明書の配布です。また、ドリンクの販売は学校側が行います。また、紙コップと安全ピンの用意を学校側から求められました。全ての準備手順に関しては、次回のPTA meetingで最終打ち合わせの予定です。

Terry Fox Run

https://www.terryfox.org/run/

20 AuGust Pta Meeting

In this month's PTA meeting, we discussed a number of topics including Sports Day, last semester's efforts, our technology strategy (including this website), and our plans for better organizing and sharing information about what we're doing with all parents at MIS.

As for events, we discussed our contribution to Sports Day and our PTA hosted event for the semester. The PTA's main event in this semester is the Terry Fox Run. So in this week's PTA meeting we discussed the Terry Fox Run location, timing, and logistics to make sure everything is prepared for another fun charity event for our school and community.

We're really looking forward to another great charity event this year to help our children learn to become responsible global citizens!


:)

June 18th: Bazaar, Plans, mispta.com

This year's Bazaar was another successful fundraiser, both fun and record setting in what the PTA raised. A big "THANK YOU" to everyone that volunteered and to those that stopped by the drink, popcorn, and bouncy castle stand to support us.

Although this term is nearly at an end, we've started planning for the PTA events in the remainder of this school year, including the Terry Fox Run on November 9 and another Teacher & Staff Appreciation Luncheon (date is TBD in Term 3). If you'd like to learn more about these events, feel free to join us in the next PTA meeting. The calendar of events is up to date and visible above on this web page.

One announcement from June's PTA meeting is that we've decided to adopt and expand this mispta.com web page. We hope that over the coming months that it will become a useful vehicle for sharing information and communicating our activity more clearly with all parents, teachers and staff at MIS. In the future, we'll plan to post meeting minutes and other announcements here - so please visit us monthly for the latest PTA activities, discussions, and plans.

free photo by Christian Wiediger on Unsplash

PTA Booth @ Bazaar

To help raise money for the school, the PTA officers will be running a bouncy castle, cold drink, and popcorn stand at this year's Bazaar! Stop by, have a jump-around, then buy a drink and popcorn to support PTA contributions to MIS (wondering what that might be? When you're at the school, be sure to check out the new playground equipment that was installed this year!)

PTA Bazaar Planning

Our first PTA meeting for this school year, on April 16th, ended with the annual Bazaar planning kickoff. Each year our PTA contributes time, effort, and supplies to help make the event a fun and successful fundraiser for the school. In the previous year, we hosted a bouncy castle, shaved ice, and a popcorn corner for all to enjoy. This year we'll be just as involved, and over the next month our event planning committee will be preparing to do just that. If you'd like to get involved and learn more about MIS PTA's contribution to the Bazaar, please join us in the next PTA meeting on May 21st at 2:10PM.

76942_v2_mis pta announcement 2019

2019 MIS PTA

MIS PTA: encouraging stronger relationships and lifelong giving. Join us in 2019 to help improve our Parent & Teacher Association. Details in the announcement document.

2019-Feb-18 MIS Staff &

Thank you MIS Staff!

Teacher Appreciation

Thank you MIS Teachers!

Potluck!

And thank you parent volunteers, there were a lot of happy staff and teachers! What a wonderful way to show appreciation!

Playground Update

Great news! Today the final, green rubber matting and swings were installed. After this cures over the weekend, we will do a final inspection, explain the rules for the new swings to the kids, and then hope that our students will be able to begin using the new play equipment next week.

A big thank you for the collaboration between the school & PTA to bring this dream to fruition for our children! - Mr. Citrano

MIS PTA Newsletter

PTA_Newsletter_JULY2022_Report of Activities.pdf